Tuesday, January 10, 2012

And So it Begins...

Another season at the Black Diamond Lodge, another season of pow. Hokkaido is well on its way to setting snowfall records this winter and those of us that are skiers are here to reap the benefits. Things have been a little busy around this time as the film crews start to arrive and we search for new exciting areas of which to huck ourselves off.

Here are some photos of Rusutsu courtesy of a very kind and talented Mark Whallen and a video from a backcountry day that I took with Stu Anderson in the Goshiki Onsen area.







I'll look to update more as I get a bit more time and footage!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mitch!

    just booked a flight to Tokyo on impulse... My plan is to find some good powder somewhere in Japan. Do you have any suggestions? And also do you maybe know any accommodation (cheap style...).
    I have done 2 seasons in St. Anton, Austria and been skiing/snowboarding my whole life and just couldn´t be without the white powder this season.

    So please let me know if you have any recommendation for me.

    Cheers from Sweden/Australia
    Rasmus

    ReplyDelete